Laura has gained experience across a variety of construction disputes during her time at Fenwick Elliott LLP. In particular, she has been involved with some highly complex and high value disputes within both TCC and Arbitration procedures. She also has a range of experience within adjudications (including enforcement proceedings).
Her experience ranges from disputes involving defect claims, nuclear safety case and delay claims.
Examples of Laura’s expertise include:
- acting for a contractor in disputes arising out of the construction of a luxury hotel in a landmark London building;
- assisting in a dispute arising out of a nuclear installation for mobile nuclear reactors;
- assisting in issues relating to a combined heat and power plant within the UK;
- acting for a variety of clients in relation to debt recovery and insolvency;
- acting for a referring party national building contractor in a payment dispute adjudication arising from delays to works and variation undertaken at a national airport;
- assisting in the preparation of Supreme Court proceedings in connection with the design and installation of an offshore wind farm.
Laura graduated from the University of Exeter with a degree in Law, and she was awarded the Michelmores prize for achieving the highest mark in her academic year for Land Law. Her dissertation focused on pro-environmental attitudes towards waste. She also has a Masters in International Commercial Law, with her dissertation focusing on Corporate Rescue within UK Insolvency Law procedures.
Other activities and memberships
- Laura regularly contributes to articles (Insight) and case notes;
- She is a member of the Society of Construction Law.