Natalie has a range of domestic and international commercial dispute resolution experience, with a particular focus on construction, engineering and environmental disputes. Natalie has advised clients upon all stages of their disputes from pre-action through to trial and settlement. Natalie has acted in matters appearing in the Technology and Construction Court, Court of Appeal, High Court, County Courts, and international arbitrations under the ICC and LCIA rules. Natalie is accustomed to working with international teams of local counsel and experts across a range of disciplines.
Natalie trained and qualified as a solicitor in London and has completed secondments to Hong Kong and Dubai.
Examples of Natalie's experience include:
- acted for a contractor in a $1billion ICC arbitration, arising from the collapse of the joint venture subcontractor during the construction of an Australian mining facility under an EPC contract;
- acted for a defendant oil company in English group litigation arising from oil spills in the Niger Delta, with quantum of approximately £300 million;
- acted for an international renewables engineering manufacturer to manage a potential dispute pursuant to the discovery of defective component products, with quantum of approximately £250 million;
- acted for a defendant reinsurer in an ad hoc arbitration, arising from a collapsed tunnel within a hydro-electric power plant in South America, with quantum of approximately £180 million;
- acted for the claimant in multi-party ICC arbitration and local litigation, arising from an explosion in an oil refinery in the Middle East;
- advised owner during the construction of a luxury hotel and retail complex in the Middle East, pursuant to delays caused by its subcontractor;
- acted for contractor in a claim against its subcontractor for breach of design and installation obligations, with quantum of approximately £1 million;
- advised on an electrical fire claim arising from defective sprinkler systems in a museum, with quantum of approximately £2 million;
- advised client on its potential exposure to asbestos claims pursuant to its acquisition of an organisation and liabilities associated with its newly acquired real estate.