Edward has experience in advising on all stages of construction and engineering projects. He has represented governmental bodies, institutional investors, joint ventures, private developers, contractors, consultants and subcontractors across a wide range of construction, engineering and infrastructure projects.
Edward specialises in non-contentious work, advising on the structuring and procurement of projects to oversee successful delivery. He is experienced in negotiating the standard forms of contract including the FIDIC, JCT, NEC, ICE, IchemE, RIBA and ACE suite of documents and is regularly involved in drafting and negotiating bespoke project documentation, frequently with an international dimension.
Edward has acted on large-scale commercial/residential schemes, and hotel, university, student accommodation, sports stadia and hospital developments. He advises on all construction and security documentation, including bonds, direct agreements, collateral warranties, parent company guarantees and escrow agreements.
Edward has an interest in the renewable energy sector, and has been involved with wind farm, tidal power, solar and anaerobic digestion projects.
Examples of Edward’s expertise include:
- acting for an investment fund in the construction of the UK’s largest anaerobic digestion facility – drafting and negotiating the EPC contract and advising on the O&M agreement, feedstock supply agreements and project security documentation;
- acting for a number of leading sports clubs in relation to the development of prestigious sporting facilities;
- drafting building contracts, professional appointments and all security documentation for a series of major student accommodation and regeneration schemes – advising on funding requirements and negotiating documents with funders to secure project finance;
- representing offshore trusts, private individuals and contractors in relation to high-end residential projects;
- representing a number of UK colleges and universities on major new-build and refurbishment developments together with all related infrastructure work.
Other activities and memberships
- Edward regularly presents on a range of construction topics, providing in-house seminars for clients and for the RIBA and ICE CPD programmes.
- member of the King’s College Construction Law Association.