Rebecca is a specialist construction disputes lawyer with experience across all stages of the project life cycle.
Prior to relocating to London in June 2023, Rebecca worked at a top-tier law firm in New Zealand where she acted on several high profile and significant public and private sector projects throughout New Zealand and the wider Asia-Pacific region.
She is highly experienced in all forms of construction dispute resolution, having represented clients in negotiation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration, and court proceedings. Her construction disputes experience extends to include dispute avoidance and mitigation, including project advisory (delivery) matters.
Acting for the full suite of construction clients, Rebecca has advised principals/employers, Crown departments, developers, commercial property owners, main contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants.
She is known for her ability to work collaboratively with clients, becoming an integral part of the project team to achieve “best for client” outcomes. Her technical expertise, extent of construction specific experience, and in-depth industry knowledge set her apart.
Examples of Rebecca's expertise include:
- acting for a commercial property owner in New Zealand High Court proceedings involving claims against a product manufacturer for alleged defective cladding products used across multiple retirement villages;
- acting for a New Zealand Government organisation in relation to two anchor projects providing project delivery, contractual claim, and dispute resolution advice, and representation in related adjudications and arbitrations;
- acting for a principal (partially state-owned) energy generator in relation to one of New Zealand’s largest onshore wind farm projects providing contractual claim, project delivery, and dispute resolution advice;
- acting for a principal (commercial) property developer in relation to a multi-staged development involving three mixed residential and commercial projects, including one of New Zealand’s largest arbitrations, two adjudications and mediation, alongside ongoing project delivery, contractual claim, and dispute resolution advice;
- acting for a New Zealand Government organisation in relation to its capital works programme involving over five commercial projects, including several mediations together with ongoing project delivery, contractual claim, and dispute resolution advice.
Other activities and memberships
- Society of Construction Law, United Kingdom;
- Society of Construction Law, New Zealand;
- New Zealand Law Society.