Jock has dispute resolution experience in litigation, adjudication, arbitration and ADR in a range of industries including commercial construction, residential development, civil works, road, rail and water. Jock has a particular interest in transport infrastructure following a secondment to the Sydney Metro project.
Jock qualified in South Australia in 2013 before practising in one of Australia’s largest firms in Sydney, New South Wales. Jock now practises in England and Wales as a foreign qualified solicitor.
Examples of Jock’s expertise include:
- Acting for a lead contractor on a rail project in defending claims brought by a civil subcontractor in the TCC;
- Acting for a joint venture party against its counterpart in disputes relating to liability for time-related costs to the employer on a rail project;
- Assisting a large Sydney council resolve disputes with its lead contractor on a road infrastructure project;
- Acting for a lead contractor in preparing an adjudication application on a gas pipeline project;
- Assisting a tier 1 contractor make upstream claims on a defence infrastructure project;
- Acting for a director in Federal Court proceedings for alleged breaches of director's duties;
- Acting for a contractor in the NSW Court of Appeal over claimed variation disputes.
- Law Society of New South Wales