Olivia has experience advising employers, contractors and subcontractors on construction and engineering disputes across a range of industry sectors, including power and process plants, renewable energy, and transport.
Olivia has acted for international and domestic clients across all major forums of dispute resolution, including international arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA and SIAC rules, and matters appearing in the Technology and Construction Court.
Olivia has experience of the FIDIC, NEC and JCT forms of contract, and various bespoke contracts, with a particular focus on EPC forms of contract.
Olivia is an Australian qualified lawyer, and has completed secondments to Tokyo, and in-house.
Examples of Olivia's expertise include:
- acting for an international contractor in respect of an ICC arbitration on claims arising under an EPC Contract for a fertiliser plant;
- acting for a project company in respect of a SIAC arbitration on claims arising out of an EPC Contract for the construction of a refinery and petrochemical complex;
- acting for a national oil company in respect of an ICC arbitration regarding the termination of an EPC Contract for the expansion of an oil refinery due to extensive defective works;
- acting for a contractor in an LCIA arbitration concerning termination of an EPCM Contract;
- acting for an employer in a series of adjudications relating to infrastructure works on a nuclear power project;
- advising a subcontractor on claims for delay and disruption arising in respect of an offshore wind farm;
- advising a contractor in respect of disputes regarding the design and construction of a nuclear power plant;
- acting for a subcontractor in respect of claims related to drilling and welding works for an offshore gas field;
- acting for a private individual on a fraudulent misrepresentation claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court in respect of the construction of a private residence;
- acting for a public transport authority on a procurement claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court by an unsuccessful bidder.