Mark is experienced in advising on all stages of non-contentious construction, engineering and infrastructure projects. He has advised local and national authorities, developers, joint ventures, investors, contractors and consultants across a wide range of sectors, including energy, transport, hotels, commercial buildings and residential development.
Mark has experience in advising on and negotiating amendments to all major standard form construction contracts including the JCT, NEC, FIDIC, and ICE suites of contracts as well as bespoke professional appointments, joint venture agreements, development agreements, framework agreements and trade contracts.
Examples of Mark's experience include:
- acting for a joint venture in a £400m mixed-use regeneration project at Silvertown, East London delivering residential, commercial and hotel accommodation. Mark advised the joint venture on all construction documents, including consultant appointments, building contracts and sub-contracts and worked with the client to secure long term development finance for the works;
- advising an international automotive competent supplier on its construction of a large manufacturing and casting facility. Mark worked with national and international stakeholders to draft, negotiate and finalise various construction contracts relating to the construction of the facility and the installation of specialist casting equipment;
- advising a local authority on the planned procurement of a £350m extension to a London Underground line. Mark advised on the procurement of works through NEC3 ECC and PSC contracts; liaising with stakeholders and advising on the works obligations in a £110m grant from the Department for Transport;
- advising a joint venture on all aspects of an EPC contract with a Swedish environmental technology contractor to design, construct, commission and operate the largest automated waste collection system in Europe across a 178 hectare site;
- advising a private subsidiary of a local authority in its design, procurement, funding and construction of an energy recovery facility and district heating network across South London. Mark provided advice on the management of existing contracts in the JCT Major Projects form, particularly advising on deeds of variation to implement further commissioning procedures;
- advising an Irish developer on its construction of a 211,000 sq ft office building in Nine Elms, London. Mark drafted and negotiated the construction management agreement and all trade contracts for the project;
- acting for an internationally renowned architectural practice on major projects in Europe, China and the Middle East. Mark advised the client on professional design appointments and sub-consultancy arrangements;
- acting for some of the largest Housing Associations in the United Kingdom on the construction of mixed-use schemes and associated infrastructure at sites across London and the South East. Mark has extensive experience drafting and advising on works obligations in joint venture agreements, development agreements, development management agreements and long term partnering arrangements.
Mark's memberships/positions include:
- Member of the Society of Construction Law.