Roma has experience in assisting with a range of domestic and international construction and engineering disputes. This has been gained through involvement in TCC proceedings, adjudication and international arbitration, with an emphasis on high value and complex matters.
Examples of Roma's expertise include:
- acting for a JV contractor in relation to multiple ICC arbitrations arising out of the design and construction of a metro project in the Middle East with amounts in dispute exceeding US$100m;
- acting for a main contractor in relation to ICC arbitration proceedings in respect of the construction of a motorway in North Macedonia with amounts in dispute of €40m;
- acting for a contractor in DIAC arbitration proceedings concerning the development of a luxury hotel;
- assisting with Dispute Adjudication Board proceedings concerning a hydroelectric project in Ethiopia with amounts in dispute exceeding €66m;
- assisting with a multiparty dispute in the Technology and Construction Court in relation to the design and construction of a mixed use development with amounts in dispute of £40m;
- assisting in adjudication proceedings concerning a payment dispute in relation to water treatment works in the UK with amounts in dispute of £27m.
Roma obtained a distinction grade in the Legal Practice Course at BPP University in London.
Roma’s activities and memberships include:
- Society of Construction Law.