Oliver has a range of experience acting for employers, contractors, sub-contractors and manufacturers of construction products in both domestic and international disputes. Oliver has gained this experience through involvement in proceedings before the Technology and Construction Court, in adjudication and international arbitration.
Examples of Oliver's expertise include:
- acting for a joint venture in a high-value international arbitration brought by a contractor concerning claims for extensions of time and additional works in respect of a dual-fuel power plant in the Caribbean;
- acting for a major contractor in respect of contribution claims in the TCC against its subcontractors concerning a defective warehouse floor;
- assisting an international contractor in preparing submissions for an expert determination regarding claims for variations in a major water treatment project in the Middle East;
- acting for a major contractor in an adjudication concerning delay claims in respect of its works on a major domestic mixed-use development;
- acting for a manufacturer of construction products concerning multiple contribution claims brought against it in the TCC.
Oliver obtained a upper second class law degree from Queen’s University, Belfast, before completing a masters in Intellectual Property & Information Law at King’s College London.
Activities and Memberships
- member of the Society of Construction Law;
- member of the Adjudication Society and contributor of case notes to the Adjudication Society Newsletter;
- member of the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG);
- member of the ICC Young Arbitration & ADR Forum.