Reyhan has a wide range of experience of energy, construction and engineering disputes gained through litigation, mediation, and international arbitration. She has assisted in acting for employers, contractors and sub-contractors ranging from small disputes to multi-million pound claims across the main construction and energy sectors including oil and gas, road, plant, and nuclear projects.
Reyhan also has experience in dealing with construction contracts in the form of JCT, NEC, and EPC including negotiating amendments in respect of building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, and letters of intent as well as bespoke contracts.
Examples of Reyhan’s experience include:
- acting for a contractor in a dispute arising out of a multi-million pound nuclear installation for mobile nuclear reactors;
- acting for a contractor in a high-profile dispute arising out of a construction of a luxury hotel in a landmark London building;
- acting for an international EPC contractor in TCC proceedings arising out of the termination of a bespoke EPC contract relating to the world’s largest single stream LDPE plant in the UK;
- acting for an international EPC contractor in arbitration proceedings in connection with a dispute relating to the design and construction of UK offshore wind farms;
- assisting with disputes in ICC arbitration relating to the construction of the Baku-Tibilisi- Ceyhan Crude Oil Pipeline Project in Turkey;
- acting for an Italian contractor in ICC proceedings regarding the termination of its contract on a motorway project in Central Europe;
- acting for a variety of clients in relation to debt recovery.
- acting for a UK entertainment company in reviewing, amending and placing JCT contracts and pre-contract agreements in respect of multiple construction projects throughout the UK, Europe, Asia and Australia;
- acting for an Austrian sub-contractor in reviewing and amending their bespoke contract in relation to the construction and delivery of a distillation facility in Scotland;
- advising a university on their JCT suite of contract documents in relation to the development of a new student centre;
- acting for a contractor in placing contract documents in respect of a remedial works agreement;
- advising an EPCM service provider and amending contracts in connection with an above ground oil storage facility at an airport terminal in Thailand.
Reyhan contributes to industry articles and case notes.