Corporate & social responsibility (CSR)
We are committed to delivering our services according to rigorous ethical, professional, and legal standards. This ethos governs every element of our business and social interactions. We always operate with a strong sense of integrity, critical to maintaining trust and credibility with our clients, business partners, employees, and stakeholders. We strive to review and continuously improve our corporate social responsibility programme.
To meet this commitment, Fenwick Elliott LLP seeks to fulfil the following objectives:
- To provide our clients with the best possible service and respect their confidentiality and avoid conflicts of interest.
- To support and promote Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) for our employees, clients, and all those we work with.
- To treat all employees equally and invest in training to improve skill levels across the firm.
- To encourage our employees in taking on social responsibilities.
- To encourage involvement with charities and make charitable donations through corporate fund-raising activities and individual effort.
- To make a positive contribution to the environment and help manage our environmental footprint across our business in order to work towards achieving Net Zero.
- To conduct our business according to the highest ethical standards.
- To maintain the highest standards of health and safety.
- To be a great place to work.
- To improve internal and external awareness of our CSR activities and initiatives.
Corporate social responsibility structure:
Neil Elliot (Practice Manager) is responsible for reviewing our corporate social responsibility policy and performance. Neil seeks to continuously improve Fenwick Elliott LLP’s performance on the key issues of the CSR programme, embed the corporate responsibility programme into the management and culture of the business and promote it into the minds of our employees.
Our EDI Committee regularly reviews and updates our EDI policies and objectives and ensure that they align with our CSR programme and help them both to flourish. The Committee, together with a wider EDI group from across the firm, drives, implements and supports our EDI initiatives.
Our CSR commitments
We continually assess methods to reduce our wastage and energy consumption whilst ensuring that we motivate and educate staff about green issues.
We are a committed member of the Legal Sector Alliance which has been developed to support the move towards a low carbon economy and to run sustainable and efficient businesses and have joined the UK Green Building Council, which seeks to improve the sustainability of the built environment. In support of those aims, we have also signed the Greener Litigation Pledge, an initiative to reduce the environmental impact of dispute resolution.
Fenwick Elliott also provide pro bono support to the Chancery Lane Project (a project aligned with and supporting the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals relating to climate action and the UK's emissions reduction target, enshrined in law, to reach net zero by 2050).
Health and safety policy
Fenwick Elliott LLP has a comprehensive health and safety policy to make sure that our employees can work safely and securely, with no risk to themselves or those around them or when they venture on site.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Fenwick Elliott LLP is committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion and to eliminating unlawful discrimination in its own policies, practices, and procedures and in those areas in which it has influence.
This applies to the firm’s professional dealings with staff and partners, other solicitors, barristers, clients and third parties. The firm intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy, and respect.
As a firm, we believe we have a responsibility to help those around us, to make a positive impact in the local and wider community, to support our people.
Fenwick Elliott is an inclusive firm in which each individual has the opportunity to shine and in which everyone pulls together as a team. We foster an open, challenging, participative and rewarding environment, for all our employees. We identify employee development expectations and opportunities through regular reviews and endeavour to ensure that pay and benefits are competitive.
This is not just good business; it is good people-sense.